Youth Red Cross (YRC)
Youth represent a substantial part of the membership of Red Cross for its humanitarian commitment. Young volunteers can make a significant contribution to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable people within their local communities through Red Cross youth programme. This has been designed to involve young people as much as possible in the movement and its activities not only as workers and also as beneficiaries, but as partners in management.
Principles of YRC :
Academic Activities :
- Blood Donation Camp
- Medical Camp
- Eye camp
- Road safety Awareness Camp
- First Aid Camp
- Rolling Shield was awarded for highest number of Blood donors at the University Level at the celebration of “National Volunteers Blood Donation Day” for the year 2008-09.
The YRC programme focuses on the following areas:
- Promote life and health through training and education on safety, primary health care and healthy living
- Encourage community service through training and education
- Disseminate the seven fundamental principles of Red Cross and Red Crescent movement through activities that encourage the Red Cross ideals
- Promote international friendship with activities that cultivate a humanitarian spirit
- Technical support in the development of youth programmes, fund-raising, identification of material and human resources
The youth unit aims to have young people recognized by Societies leadership as equal partners who address the needs of the most vulnerable.
An Award of Excellence in YRC activities ,given by Tamilnadu
Legislative Assembly Hon.Speaker D.JEYAKUMAR
This Shield has been awarded on 'World Blood Donors Day' for Sathyabama University donating Highest number Blood donors to Youth Red Cross for the Year 2010-2011.Mayor Saidai S. DURAISAMY presented the award to Our YRC Coordinator.