National Service Scheme (NSS) is a permanent Youth Programme under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India
- To understand the community in which they work
- To understand themselves in relation to their community
- To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving
- To develop them-selves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- To develop the competence required for group –living and sharing responsibilities
- To gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- To develop capacity to adapt to emergency situation like natural disasters and
- To practice National integration and Harmony
Under NSS, students undertake various Programmes in the adopted villages, University Campuses and urban slums during weekends or after University hours. The activities are planned and conducted as per DPAs NSS RC's Lr.No.2-21/2001-2002/NSS dt.3.9.2001.
One day of orientation program for the NSS volunteers organised by the NSS unit of Sathyabama University on 28th September 2016.
A Tree plantation organised by the NSS of our university jointly with Indian bank on 20th August 2016. 100 saplings were planted at the university garden.
Celebrating International Yoga day, NSS unit of Sathyabama University conducted a training program on Yoga at campus. 64 faculties and 150 students were trainedby the Yoga Experts from world community service centre, chennai on 21st June 2016.
NSS volunteers of Sathyabama university partipated in the National Republic day parade from 17th to 26th January 2016 at chennai.
A dental camp was organized by the NSS unit of Sathyabama university on 29th October 2015
One day beach surroundings cleaning and Tree Plantation organized by the NSS unit of Sathyabama University at Mahabalipuram beach on 16th October 2015.
Our beloved Directors initiated the Tree plantation on 15th October 2015 with the support of NSS unit. 125 saplings were planted at the campus.